Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Reading Update and My Daughter Bought a House!

When my daughter found out her rent was increasing (again) for her small, one-bedroom apartment, I suggested that if she qualified for a mortgage, it would probably be cheaper to buy a house (or condo). Well, she DID qualify and after three failed offers, her fourth one won. And it was for a house that is literally next door to the first house Hubby and I bought (and she grew up in). How cool is that?

Housing prices here are going crazy, so I’m glad she was finally able to get an offer accepted. And while her new mortgage payment is higher than her current rent, it’s lower than what rent is going for on two-bedroom apartments (and she really wanted a larger place). Now she'll have a three-bedroom house and I hope she enjoys it for a long, long time (she lived in her apartment for 11 years, so she's not one for moving about).

I’m so happy for her!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 13

Dates read: April 16-24, 2022
Title: Lover Arisen
Year of publication: 2022
Author: J.R. Ward
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #20
# of Pages: 418
Paper or plastic: Hardcover
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from the book: Possessed by the demon Devina, Balthazar is once again on the hunt for the Book of Spells—and fighting an undeniable attraction to a woman. As a thief, he has stolen a lot of things…but he never thought his heart would be taken by another. Especially not a human.
    As a homicide detective, Erika Saunders knows there is something otherworldly going on in Caldwell, New York. Mutilated bodies that cannot be explained are all over her case list—and then there are her nightmares, in which she’s hunted by shadows and captivated by a mysterious man who is both a suspect and a savior.
    When Devina’s wish for true love is finally granted, Balthazar and Erika unwittingly become the gateway for the rebirth of an old enemy of the Brothers. Will the very thing that brings them together lead to the ultimate destruction of the Brotherhood? Or will they have to lose everything in order to save the race’s most sacred defenders…?
My thoughts: So nice to read a familiar world and characters. I really needed this.

My son and daughter-in-law have also bought a house recently (they close mid-May). They were living in a condo and having lots of issues with it. The house is next door to their friend (whose father lived in it and had passed away recently) and he offered them a great deal. I’m happy for them. Not just for the house, but they’ll be about 10 miles closer to us! Yay!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

It's always nice to have a little place to call your own.

I don't know about where you live but our property values have gone through the roof. I was shocked when we got our tax statement.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - The market is rather volatile right now, but so are rent prices! I feel for those people who don't qualify for a mortgage and are forced to rent. I don't know how they can afford it.

JeffO said...

Congratulations to both your daughter and son, I hope they both enjoy their new digs!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Thanks. They both got some really nice houses. I'm sure they'll be happy!