Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Reading Update and Waiting

Had my CT scan on Monday. Had to drink a litre of PowerAde with contrast—thank goodness it didn’t taste bad—two hours prior to the scan and then I was injected with more contrast during the scan. Surprised I didn’t glow in the dark!

But now the waiting begins. I see my oncologist on Monday. I’m hoping I get good news.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 11

Dates read: March 30 - April 4, 2022
Title: Mercy
Year of publication: 2021
Author: Brett Battles
Genre: Suspense
Series: The Night Man Chronicles #3
# of Pages: 383
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from the book: With their jobs in the spy world on suspension, all Nate and Jar wanted was a little vacation time out of the city. But not even two days on the road, their plans are hijacked by a teen’s cry.
    What starts out as helping the kid out of a tricky situation leads Nate and Jar into the dark world of fire and hate, of greed and corruption.
    As much as they might want to continue on their way, neither would ever do so.
    Because helping those who aren’t in a position to help themselves is Nate and Jar’s specialty.
My thoughts: I love Nate and Jar. They’re also featured in the Jonathan Quinn series, but in this series, it’s them between jobs doing Nate’s hobby (helping people). I had a hard time putting this book down.

I realized last week that our future cruise credit with Carnival (from previously cancelled cruises) was due to expire at the end of March, so Hubby and I booked another cruise. We already had two cruises booked: one for Jan 2023 and one for April 2023. Since we aren’t sure if we’ll be able to take the January cruise (October may be the best time to get heart surgery, unless I’m able to get it next month, but I’m not holding my breath there), we decided to book a cruise back-to-back on our April transition cruise. Transition, meaning, the ship is moving from Miami to Seattle (for their Alaskan cruises). So we’ll be on the ship, sailing the Caribbean, eight days prior to that transition cruise, making it a total of 24 days!

Heck, if we didn’t have a trip scheduled (and paid for) in September, we would have seriously looked at booking an Australian cruise (transition from Seattle, I think, to Sydney). The cruise was really cheap. The flight home wouldn’t have been, but man…Australia! But like I said, we already have a trip scheduled for September (touring National Parks out west), and we’re really looking forward to that.

So… do you have any vacation plans scheduled for this year? Where are you going?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Back to back cruises - wow! You will really see the world.
Hope you get good news after the scan. And aren't glowing.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Alex.

JeffO said...

We are not big travelers, generally, so nothing big planned. You're going to have a serious case of sea legs! Thank goodness they at least gave you something that tasted alright, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news for you.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Jeff.