Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Start of Book #5

I love it when characters takes hold. I woke up Sunday with my future hero talking to my future heroine. Not only that – I got his name!

Later, my husband and I went out to dinner and the heroine's name hit me. I have a COUPLE! I'm so happy.

I still have some work to do with my characters, but it's nice to get their voices in my head. Just listening to them talk tells me a lot. Yeah, I sound nuts. And maybe I am. But I don't care. I think I would hate it if the voices stopped. Well, I know I would.

I've even started some writing, but not on the story. On the backstory. I find if I can get that written and solidified in my head, the story will write much better. I did this WAY too late on my last book and I won't make that mistake again.

Now, all I have to do is come up with a title. Ugh! I hope it comes to me before I type "The End"!

7 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Wonderful writing news. Wishing you the most fun writing, ever. I've just finished my session and am 2 hours ahead of par. Off to get ready and work at the restaurant next.

Have a most excellent day.

Boogie boogie.

The Happy Whisk said...

PS: I love that you're excited about the couple.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Whisk - I'm always excited about my couples. It's what makes writing their story so much fun!

You have a great day, too!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Fantastic! And so cool. My characters happily tell me their names, but I have to pry everything else out of them with a tire iron. Have fun!

LD Masterson said...

Go, Stacy!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Whoa - Who changed Blogspot? See - I step away for a day and it all changes. And the times are all screwed up, too. Time to fix that.

Thanks for the comments.

Todd R. Moody said...

Yay, Stacy! I'm happy for you!