Monday, May 30, 2016

Walking, Eating, and Getting Sick

I was all pumped for this weekend. Thought I’d get some walking in. And I did on Saturday. Walked with Hubby after dinner and got nearly 5 miles in. It was great.

Then Sunday morning happened. Saturday’s dinner apparently did not agree with me, and I was up at least 20 times between 3:30 and 7:30 am. The sad thing is, I had eaten at Chipotle (which has been having problems of late), but I ate the same thing as Hubby and he did not get sick. Not at all! How did I get so lucky? It’s just not fair I tell you!

So my plans to walk with Hubby on Sunday were scratched. Probably just as well. Hubby got wet walking (and hit with hail, too) as storms popped up out of no where. Ha! Teach him not to get sick, huh?

I do plan on walking to the fitness center this morning (fingers crossed I’m feeling better and I have good weather). Which means I’ll have to walk back after my workout. But I’m determined to start getting more miles in (or at least 10,000 steps a day). I still want to add more cardio to my routine, but today might not be the day I want to start. Don’t want to push my luck.

And if getting sick wasn’t bad enough, I put a hole in my crown while eating a hamburger yesterday (guess there was a bone chip in it). I called the dentist and left a message. Hopefully he’ll be able to see me soon. I hate thinking what kind of food and junk will end up inside that hole. Ugh.

By the way, I got this crown 8-9 years ago when I cracked the molar eating…wait for it…a hamburger!

Sometimes I feel like I just can’t win.

Hey, did you notice? Today marks the 13th post of the month. That matches January, February, March, and April. And I haven’t even manipulated the system to do it. Yet. I think it would be cool to have 13 posts each month. Think I can do it? Well, I’m gonna certainly try now!

I’m all set to watch game one of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight. We’ll see how much of a wreck they make me tonight.

Have a great Monday. Is it a holiday for you? Hope the weather cooperates, then!

Stacy

7 comments:

JeffO said...

Sounds like a rough weekend! My wife and I went to a wedding once where a good portion of the attendees got sick. Everyone one one side of our table got sick, no one on the other half did. I was on the unlucky side. My wife, who sat to my right, was lucky. It was one of the worst 24 hour periods of my life, and it's a good thing she didn't get sick, too, because we only had one bathroom.

Hope your feeling better. Enjoy the game!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - At least this time around wasn't as bad as when I got food poisoning the night before Hubby's first surgery. I thought I was going to die! This was more of an inconvenience, though it still kind of wore me out. Maybe I should just stop eating altogether. Then I wouldn't get sick AND I'd lose weight. :D

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry about the tooth. Sorry you are sick. Hopefully healing and resting and NOT working out whilst you are sick.

Maria Zannini said...

I think I'd stop eating at Chipotle. :) I really like them but I don't think they have their act together yet.

Sorry you've been sick. And then the tooth! That's adding insult to injury.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I made sure I got plenty of rest yesterday. Woke up fine this morning and enjoyed my walk to and from the fitness center. All's good!

Maria - Yeah, I'm not so sure I want to go back to Chipotle, either. I'm beginning to like Hot Head Burritos better anyway (and I haven't gotten sick from them).

Stephanie Faris said...

Ugh. Being sick is no good. I'm guessing you probably caught a virus. Or your system is just more sensitive to whatever you ate. We don't have a Chipotle near me--there's one about 40 minutes away...not worth that drive! Life has been getting in the way of my workout lately, too. I just figure since I won't get to walk next weekend, I'll just start up again Monday!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Stephanie - I hate missing a day of exercise because I'm so afraid I'll get back into the habit of not exercising. I'm bad like that! :)