Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wednesday Reads and I Did It!

Ten days. 5013 words.

That’s what I’ve written so far this month. And those ten days were in a row, with word counts over 300 each day (most were in the 500s). Whoo hoo!

My goal was 5000. The last time I wrote that much in a month was October 2015! Now I’m thinking I can hit 10000. Why not? I still have 11 days left. I can do this!

Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Book #10

Dates read: March 10-14
Title: “Wicked Bite”
Year of publication: 2017
Author: Rebecca Zanetti
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Realm Enforcers #5
# of Pages: 267
Paper or plastic: Paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: As she hunts for a drug lord killing her fellow witches, all Nessa Lansa’s instincts point to the Grizzly motorcycle club. That might be because their leader, Bear, is the strong, silent shifter type: warm brown eyes and more muscle and alpha male than any woman can ignore. Which makes Nessa’s plan to seduce and betray him all the more dangerous…
    Bear doesn’t trust the curvy, blue-eyed witch. But Nessa can heal the injuries that sap his strength. And since he can’t stop thinking of her lush body and teasing smile, her plan to mate him to reclaim her own power is highly tempting. Just one problem. Once a desire this wild is loose, no one will ever control it…
My thoughts: Pretty bad when the blurb on the book (which I fixed here) had the heroine’s name wrong (they called her Tessa!). Another good read, and I believe the end of this series. I mean, they solved the over-all problem, so it must be. Doesn’t mean there won’t be another spin-off, though.

Book #11

Dates read: March 14-19
Title: “Lethal Lies”
Year of publication: 2017
Author: Rebecca Zanetti
Genre: Romantic suspense
Series: Blood Brothers #2
# of Pages: 380
Paper or plastic: Paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Revenge. It’s the only thing that will help Anya Best sleep at night. The serial killer who murdered her sister is on the loose, and Anya will stop at nothing to put him behind bars—even use herself as bait to lure him out of hiding. But she can’t do this alone.
    Private investigator Heath Jones’s job is to bring bastards to justice. This time it’s personal. He knew the Copper Killer’s latest victim so when her sister asks for his help, he’s all in. But when Anya uses the media to taunt the killer, she exposes Heath’s identify, putting them both in jeopardy. Now, secrets buried long ago are coming to light and the forces determined to destroy him are watching Heath’s every move, waiting to exact their own revenge. And they’ll use anything and anyone to get to Heath.
My thoughts: No witches or vampires in this series (which is a spin-off of the Sin Brothers series), but that doesn’t mean there isn’t strange stuff about. These brothers are human-engineered, so their reflexes and senses are heightened. And, of course, they’re on the run. Lots of adventure, suspense, and romance. Looking forward to the finale of this trilogy.

Not only have I written more, I’m reading more. Is there a correlation? Maybe. Maybe.

So… What are you reading and what drew you to that book? Are you glad you’re reading it?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

5 comments:

JeffO said...

Wow, you're on fire! Correlation between reading more and writing more? Maybe--you need to refill the well!

I'm currently reading "The Great Alone" by Kristin Hannah. I can't remember what brought me to it, I think it was referenced on a blog somewhere and I thought, "That sounds interesting." I literally just started it so I can't really answer the last question.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I needed to refill the well, all right. Hope I keep it filled! And I hope you enjoy your book. I've found new authors from blog posts, but I sometimes wonder how many other people do. My blog certainly doesn't get a lot of traffic!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Congrats on beating 5k words! Keep it up - you can hit 10k!

Right now I'm reading Ironclad Devotion by Jami Gold. I picked it up because I enjoy her Mythos Legacy paranormal romance series, and it's certainly delivering. You'd probably like them, too. I picked up her first one because I've read her blog for a long time, and I like to support bloggers I like by buying their books (provided the book is something I'd enjoy).

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I'm trying real hard to hit that 10K mark. And I may go check out Jami Gold. Not that I NEED any more books to read!!! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

So proud of you. Big hugs.