Wednesday, February 22, 2012

$6 Movie Night - A Keeper!

Yesterday was my hubby's birthday. And in honor of that, he decided to play hooky from school (he teaches) and go to the movies, especially since it was $6 Tuesdays. The theatre is usually pretty empty (which is surprising, since it is cheaper), so it's kind of nice.

We went and saw "This Means War". Oh yes! This is a keeper. And by keeper we mean we'll buy the DVD when it comes out. It's been awhile since we've all agreed on a movie (the Twilight movies don't count, because my husband doesn't care about those).

So it was a nice night out (our daughter joined us, too), capping my final day at my old place of employment.

Yep. I start the new job this morning. So…if you comment, I may not be able to respond until I get home tonight.

My last day was quiet. Almost too quiet. But a lot of people came by to say goodbye. As much as I disliked the position, I did like the people there. And if it was a lot closer to my home, I'd probably still be there (maybe trying to finagle my way into a different department!). But all in all, it was the drive that was killing me. I look forward to the shorter commute.

Have a great Wednesday!

9 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I really liked the trailer to that movie. I'll add it to my list.

Ref: leaving work
I was a manager at my last job and I absolutely forbade my boss to mention I was retiring. I wouldn't even let her tell my peers.

Finally three days before I was ready to leave she begged me to let others know. I relented. The news spread like wildfire in our building and for three days I got NOTHING done. It was a steady stream of well wishers--ending with a surprise party.

I think that was the reason my boss wanted people to know. She knew they'd want to give me a party. It was very sweet. But I still wanted to finish my work. I hate to leave things undone. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

I love those kinds of discount movie days. We have cheaper Tuesdays here and thought about going but instead stayed in.

Happy Birthday to your Hubby and much luck to you in your new adventure with your new job.

Cheers and boogie boogie.

DL Hammons said...

Me and the wife saw THIS MEANS WAR on Valentines Day, and we both thouroughly enjoyed it!

I remember when I was in college and the local theater used to run $1 matinee Tuesdays. I used to miss class every tuesday because of that! :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I wish I had retired. Starting over is the pits. I re-learned that again today.

Whisk - Yep, cheap Tuesdays are nice. Almost have the theatre to yourself!

Don - I remember seeing Star Wars on the $1 matinees, back in 1976, when the movie came out. Saw it many times, too! Can't get them that cheap anymore.

The Happy Whisk said...

That is our favorite part, when it's empty, or just about.

Good stuff.

Cheers and boogie boogie.

PS: We got the printer. Woohoo.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Good luck with the new job! That kind of change is always scary, but it sounds like this is going to be a good move for you!

Avadonja said...

Good luck with your new job. I look forward to the day that writing becomes my full time job.
I have heard good things about that movie. The last movie I saw was Dragon Tattoo. I had read the book, so I already knew it wouldn't be a good date movie. I left very disturbed. Will never be able to watch Mama Mia so gleefully again.

James Garcia Jr said...

Hi, Stacy. I laughed and called over my teacher-wife to read to her about your husband skipping class. Too funny!
I'm glad to hear you all had a great day. I hope the new job works out for you. One of the big reasons why I have never left working for Sun-Maid is the 5 minute commute!

-Jimmy

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, everyone, for the luck. While my first day at the new job seriously made me wonder what I had gotten myself into, the next two days calmed down bunches. I think it might turn out all right in the end. I hope, anyway!