Monday, July 30, 2012

Cemetery Art and the Olympics

I noticed it has been awhile since I posted a picture from my Cemetery Art project – I was still employed! Oh well…I don't have that many left anyways.

This picture always makes me kind of sad. I can't remember if this was a grave for a youngster, but I assume it is. Those are always sad anyways, and to put a statue such as this only makes it worse, don't you think? As long as it brought the parents comfort, I guess that's all that matters.

* * *

Have you been watching the Olympics? I have. I think my writing will slow down for the next couple of weeks. Of course, the 2008 Olympics didn't stop me from reading the Twilight books. I just couldn't put those down!

Writing is a little different, though. I require either complete silence or so much noise I can't distinguish anything (like white noise). I cannot write if I can make out the conversation (or even part of it) – I tend to listen!

I do enjoy watching the Olympics, though. Kind of hard to watch it on mute, though. So, as long as they only show basketball games, soccer games, or boxing during the day, I'll be able to write (because I don't much care for those sports).

My favorites? Swimming, gymnastics, beach volleyball, cycling, diving, and track & field. There may be others, I just can't think of them.

If you're watching, what are your favorite events?




4 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I'm partial to gymnastics, but our teams don't seem to be as strong as in years past. Time will tell.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - We don't seem to be doing too shabby right now. I'm starting to like the woman's volleyball now (since I just saw them beat Brazil today).

James Garcia Jr said...

Hello, Stacy. My wife is a huge Olympics fan, and has been watching nearly everything. It's a bummer for me because I'm on vacation and want to watch some movies. I like watching the Olympics, too, but not all of it. I guess I'd better get used to watching on my laptop, huh?

-Jimmy

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jimmy - I guess you just picked the WRONG week for your vacation, huh? Since the Olympics are so short-lived, I find I put a lot of things on hold. Like writing (uh oh). Hope your vacation is relaxing, though!