Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

No favorites today. Why'd I think not working would increase my blogging? At least my writing isn't suffering. In fact, it's going great. But those times I'm not writing?

Let's see…

Monday – Errands consisted of visiting old workplace (left two things behind that I wanted back), trip to the library (a book I had ordered months ago and then found out it was useless to me!), a stop at the ATM (we needed the cash to pay back our friends for our Memorial Day trip), and grocery shopping (ugh – always ugh). Granted, normally I would have done most of this on the weekend, but we weren't here. Catching up after a vacation is hectic, isn't it?

Tuesday – Made 2 trips to Autozone for my husband. I walked there for one of the trips. Gotta get some exercise. It if wasn't so hot and sticky at 9:00am, I would have walked for the other trip in the afternoon. Ah, but I couldn't wait too late. I was meeting my daughter and her friend to see Magic Mike (I enjoyed the movie, too).

Even with all the interruptions, I managed to get many, many pages edited on My Sunny Vampire. In fact the whole beginning was revised and my daughter said it was a vast improvement (hardly made any editing marks – yay!). So now I'm basically reading it and hoping I don't come across any more awkward scenes (or scenes that need fixed because of the revised beginning).

I'm hoping my dream of uninterrupted writing is not an actual dream. That these last couple of days is because of our vacation. Because I'd like to work on my short story, too, so it's ready by August.

Today is a busy-ish day. Both the husband and I have hair appointments (we use the same lady), so that means brunch at Logan's Steakhouse (we have gift certificates we bought back at Christmas when they gave away free money if you purchased them – free money is always good). Then tonight it's off to the Dragons game. They are still playing pretty lousy. Hopefully, we'll get a win tonight.

Only bummer, though…I picked this game to go to because they were going to have fireworks and now they aren't. Apparently, they set them off on June 30. So I guess I won't be able to see any fireworks on the Fourth this year. If we weren't season ticket holders, I'd demand my money back!

I hope you all have a fun-filled day, and that it's not too hot out there for you. Anyone BBQing?

6 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

Sorry about your fireworks. They're not having them here either but that's because of the fire danger. Congrats on getting many, many pages edited. Have an awesome 4th! =o)

No barbequing here. Just kicking back and relaxing. And writing, of course.

DL Hammons said...

Only fireworks they're setting off here in Arkansas are those over a lake or river. Oh well...its too hot to go watch them anyway! :)

LD Masterson said...

If it makes you feel any better, my son loaded the kids in the car to go see fireworks last night. He was sure the paper said they'd be on the 3rd. Nope. They're tonight.

The Happy Whisk said...

Ugh to grocery shopping???? Oh man. I love going to market.

Happy 4th.

Stacy McKitrick said...

That's right, Ivy. Ugh! I hate most shopping. I guess I wasn't born with that gene!

Happy 4th to you, too (what remains of it, anyway!).

The Happy Whisk said...

Tim and I are not big shoppers, clothes-wise. But as for ingredients ... love shopping for those.