Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Please Stand By - Technical Issues at Hand

Here I was, all set to write a blog stating it was my birthday (yep, I'm officially a senior citizen as far as Bob Evans is concerned) and that there WAS no blog for the day when I couldn't even get to my e-mail.

Yep, our internet is down and won't be back up until Friday afternoon (provided the technician fixes the problem then).

So, instead I'm outside Buffalo Wild Wings copying this hastily written post and checking my e-mails (and I'm sure cursing at the slowness of it all).

There is some good to come of it, though. I'm forced to write and not surf the net! And I've been writing. Of course it helps when ideas for scenes finally come to life. Hey – add another character to bring in some conflict and the scenes practically write themselves. I love it!

At least you know I'm not ignoring your blogs. I just can't get to them. Have a great week and I'll see you back on Friday afternoon (I hope!).


5 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Happy birthday, Stacy! Hope you get your 'net back soon.

DL Hammons said...

Hey pick me up an order of their garlic wings!!! PLEASE!!!! :)

Anne Gallagher said...

Happy Birthday! I've been having issues with my internet too. Wireless junk. Why are we so dependent on modern technology? Hate it.

Jemi Fraser said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

Have fun with your characters - and good luck getting the internet back!

Stacy McKitrick said...

I'm back at B-dubs checking e-mails (had 149 of those things!) and other stuff (like notices from the unemployment office).

Jennette - Thanks. Wish it would come back sooner.

DL - Those are my husband's favorite, too. I stick with the non-spicy, sweet bbq.

Anne - We can bitch about the Internet, but we sure are lost without it, aren't we?

Jami - Writing is going great. 1700 words yesterday and already over 1000 today. And the ideas for conflicts are coming faster than I can write. I love it!

Hope to be back in the Internet world tomorrow afternoon! Hmmm, maybe I should get ready and write a post, huh? See you then.