Monday, February 18, 2019

My Body Hates Me

That’s right. My body hates me. At least, it sure feels that way.

I walk to get stronger so what does my body do? Hurts my feet, hurts my knee, makes it difficult to walk.

I do sit ups to work my core body (and these are not difficult ones) and what does my body do? Cramp up so much I thought I had appendicitis. It took me several minutes before I could stand straight again (and I’m really afraid to do sit ups now).

I eat food my body likes and what does it do? Keep it! I tell you, I’ve been in agony for a week. And my writing and editing have suffered for it. So has my exercise.

See? It hates me, right? But I taught it a lesson. I fed it food it doesn’t like. Now it’s getting rid of it. But it sure is taking it’s time.

I sure hope I haven’t messed up my editing goal. I still want to finish by the end of the month. I just hope my body behaves from now on.

But you know how they can be: Evil!

Happy Monday.

Stacy

6 comments:

JeffO said...

Doesn't sound like you've had a very good week. I hope you feel better soon!

Maria Zannini said...

My husband says the same thing. Some days are worse than others.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Stacy, days like that are the worst! Hope you feel better quickly!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Thanks! Last week was the pits. This week seems to be off to a better start.

Maria - Thanks! I hate those worse days. Of course, that little pill I have to take to keep my cancer away isn't helping my body feel good, either. It feels like it's aged 10 years!!

Jennette - Thanks! I'm getting there.

dolorah said...

My body hates me too. My ankles and hips hate walking and core work, but I love the out of breath feeling at the end of a very easy - like 10 minutes - workout. And the Alieve. With wine :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Donna - If you're out of breath on an easy workout, you might want to get your heart checked out. That's what I have to keep a watch on, and being out of breath on easy stuff is a symptom I have to report. Take care of yourself!!! <3