Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Wednesday Reads and It Sold!!

What sold, you ask? Our house. Our old house. We closed on it yesterday. You don’t know how happy we are to no longer have to worry about it!

We were supposed to close on Feb 1st, but on Jan 30th, the title company discovered that the original contract loan never removed the lien from the house (and of course the original bank had been sold…twice). This is a house that had been refinanced a couple of times! You’d think they would have caught that. So because of that little SNAFU, we couldn’t close on the 1st and waited until it got fixed (which took a week). We didn’t want to say anything to anyone until the deal was done, afraid it might jinx it or something.

But it’s done now and we now just own ONE house, which we hope to refinance at a cheaper rate with a big down payment. So glad that’s over with.

I’m also glad my judging is over with, too. Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Book #10

Dates read: February 4-6
Title: ?
Year of publication: 2018
Author: ?
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series:  ?
# of Pages: 219
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: Purchased (couldn’t read PDF)
Blurb from book: ?
My thoughts: Not as bad as I thought it would be. Would recommend to fans of the genre.

Book #11

Dates read: February 6-8
Title: Summoned to Thirteenth Grave
Year of publication: 2018
Author: Darynda Jones
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series:  Charley Davidson #13
# of Pages: 292
Paper or plastic: Hardback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Charlie Davidson, grim reaper extraordinaire, is pissed. She’s been kicked off the earthly plane for eternity—which is exactly the amount of time it takes to make a person stark, raving mad. But someone’s looking out for her, and she’s allowed to return after a mere hundred years in exile. Is it too much to hope for that not much has changed? Apparently it is. Bummer.
    She’s missed her daughter. She’s missed Reyes. She’s missed Cookie and Garrett and Uncle Bob. Now that she’s back on earth, it’s time to put to rest the burning questions that need answers. What happened to her mother How did she really die? Who killed her? And are cupcakes or coffee the best medicine for a broken heart? It all comes to a head in an epic showdown between good and evil in this final smart and hilarious novel.
My thoughts: A fitting end to the series, but I’m sad it’s over. This is a great series. And if you love humor, some sexy scenes, and a bunch of supernatural stuff, you have to read these books!

I also got wonderful news from my cardiologist yesterday (yesterday turned out to be a GREAT day!!). My last echocardiogram showed no difference from the one before! Yay! So, since my diagnosis in 2015, there has been no change in my mitral valve regurgitation. Then, I was told to expect surgery in five years. Now, I’m still told to expect surgery in five years, but I’m thinking it might be longer than that. And maybe by the time I need surgery they’ll know how to fix it without cracking open my chest!!

So… Do you have any good news to share? I’m thinking this is a great week!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Double good news! Anything can happen in five years. And the house is gone, despite one last attempt to screw that up.

JeffO said...

Congratulations, Stacy, both pieces of good news are great, and must take a tremendous weight off your shoulders.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - The snow & rain we had prior to the sale pretty much put us on edge, too. We weren't sure if the basement would stay dry (we were under flood warnings!). So glad that's all over with!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - It has. Whew! Now I can REALLY look forward to those cruises we booked! Haha!

Maria Zannini said...

Congratulations! It's such a relief to get an old house out from under foot. Enjoy the freedom!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - It IS a relief. And I AM enjoying it. :D