Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Wednesday Reads is Back!

I’m getting behind in my reading, but it can’t be helped. At least I read a book!! Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Book #12

Dates read: February 9-22 
Title: Never Let Me Fall
Year of publication: 2018
Author: Abbie Roads
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series:  Fatal Dreams #3
# of Pages: 281
Paper or plastic: Paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Thomas Brown can’t see color, but he can see people’s true souls. His abilities allow him to work with criminal investigators and deliver justice to families of the wronged. And he’s starting to accept that his life will forever be in black and white…
    Then he encounters Helena Grayse, and everything changes. She brings vibrant color to his world, and he brings acceptance and belief to hers. But Helena’s past is quickly catching up with her, and Thomas is in the crosshairs.
    As an enemy hidden in plain sight threatens their every move, they’ll have to rely on their love to beat the darkness.
My thoughts: It appears I struggled to read this book, and in a way I did, but I just picked a bad time to read, period. Getting sick, getting behind in my editing, and the first thing to go is the reading. But when I was able to pick it up and read it, I enjoyed every bit. I like the darkness, I like the unexplained events (paranormal in a way), and I really liked the romance.  

Last night I went to see the Penguins play the Blue Jackets. Since I’m posting this before the game, I don’t know what kind of time I had. I hope it was a good one. And I hope the Blue Jackets don’t score a lot (I really hate their cannon!!). The Pens need to win badly (and often) if they hope to make the playoffs!! Let’s go Pens!!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm guessing you had a good time since they won!

JeffO said...

Didn't watch that game (too busy enjoying the heck out of Boston thumping San Jose), but maybe the Jackets have too many new guys to mix in the lineup!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I DID have a good time!

Jeff - We were afraid the Pens would lose BECAUSE of the new guys (and our sucky goalie). So glad that didn't happen!!