Monday, March 18, 2019

Today I Shall Breathe Easier

Today I will finish up the edits on Biting the Curse and will send it off to my editor. Once I hit that send button, I shall breathe easier. That’ll be one job done and out of the way!

And boy, was that book taking up my time or what? My reading has suffered. My TV watching has suffered. I’ve suffered! I’ll be happy to get back to Dr. Who (if I can remember where I left off).

Of course, none of that will happen until after I’ve written 500+ words on the new project. But I do that when I get up. I really do get my best writing done then. At least, I’m most productive then. Whether it’s my best, well, who knows. It’s words. On the page. That’s what matters.

I mentioned last week that we got our new couch delivered. Well, here’s a picture of our great room.
The couch on the right is the new one. The one on the left we got back in August. When the store had another sale, I just took my paperwork and said I wanted another one of those. Easy sale for the store, huh?

We really like this couch, though. The sides recline (electronically!). Very comfortable. And now we have room for everyone!

So… What was the last piece of furniture you bought? Anything good?

Happy Monday.

Stacy

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You knew what you liked - why not get another one? Glad the living room is all set now.

JeffO said...

I can't even remember the last piece of new furniture we bought! Enjoy the couch, the room looks great!

Maria Zannini said...

I need another couch. Nothing big though. Maybe a loveseat or one of those contemporary Klik Klak futons. With as much company as we get, having a convertible bed would be a plus.

Glad to hear BtC is done. It's always a great relief to get a project done.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Yes, the great room is all set. I don't think we'll need anything else in there.

Jeff - Thanks!

Maria - We wanted comfortable seats for when the kids came to visit. And to maybe take a nap on. :D And BTC is on its way. Yay!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Those couches look nice. And my husband would love the rug. :)

I think the last furniture I bought were the cheap dorm-style fold out chair and loveseat for my daughter that are now in the room where I work. They're faded and saggy (did I mention they were cheap?), and also bright purple, so they're not going to TN. Daughter doesn't want them either, so they'll probably be given away.

Good luck finishing your edits and getting back to the new WIP!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I started working on the new WIP last week. Yay!