Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Wednesday Reads and April is Crazy Busy!

Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Book #21

Dates read: April 8-21
Title: The Savior
Year of publication: 2019
Author: J.R. Ward
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series:  Black Dagger Brotherhood #17
# of Pages: 479
Paper or plastic: Hardback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: In the venerable history of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, only one male has ever been expelled—but Murhder’s insanity gave the Brothers no choice. Haunted by visions of a female he could not save, he nonetheless returns to Caldwell on a mission to right the wrong that ruined him. However, he is not prepared for what he must face in his quest for redemption.
    Dr. Sarah Watkins, researcher at a biomedical firm, is struggling with the loss of her fellow scientist fiancé. When the FBI starts asking about his death, she questions what really happened and soon learns the terrible truth: Her firm is conducting inhumane experiments in secret and the man she thought she knew and loved was involved in the torture.
    As Murhder’s and Sarah’s destines become irrevocably entwined, desire ignites between them. But can they forge a future that spans the divide separating the two species? And as a new foe emerges in the war against the vampires, Murhder is called to return to the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Choosing between his mate and his fate as a fighter however, may be the final thing that breaks him…
My thoughts: I loved this so much. I just wish I could have sat and read it quicker. I love the characters. I love this series. Love, love, love!!!

I’ll kind of be glad when this month is over. I’m getting my 500+ words written daily on Perry’s book (except for one day, when I only wrote 200), I’m now editing 2+ chapters daily on Biting the Curse, AND I’m taking a class on internal conflict (and it has homework!).

I’m really surprised I’m getting the writing done, but so glad I am. The story is starting to take off. I'm already up to 25K words. I just hope it goes where I want it to. Haha!

But the class ends on the 30th and I expect to have the edits finished by then, too. Then maybe I’ll get some breathing time. Or at least some Doctor Who time. It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to watch it.

I’m also behind in my reading. Six books behind.

Because April is just crazy busy! Aaack!!!

So… Have you ever had one of those months? How long did it take you to recover?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I took part of April off to write and then other things got busy and well... Least you are making good progress on the writing front.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Yes! I'm very happy about that.

Maria Zannini said...

April always seems especially busy to me. I guess because it's spring and people are more active online and off.

LD Masterson said...

I seem to be doing things backwards. I'm way ahead on my goals for reading but way behind o writing. Got to turn that around.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Hmmm... It's like we woke up from this winter nap, huh?

Linda - 30 lashes with a wet noodle for you! Now get to writing!! :D

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I'm having one of those months now. I don't have the time or energy to even think about writing, or my blog. And I hate that.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Building a house and getting ready for a move will do that to a person. I know!!