Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wednesday Reads and Hints of Spring

I saw my first mosquito yesterday. Man, it’s not warm enough to sit outdoors for any length of time and the mosquitoes are already out? Just doesn’t seem right.

Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Book #18

Dates read: March 27 – April 2
Title: Eternal Echoes
Year of publication: 2013
Author: Anastasia Virgas
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series:  Sisters of the Devine Book 1
# of Pages: 231
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Ariston Dago is a sentry, a protector for his people. He watches the waters of his territory, keeping his god and his race safe both above and below the murky depths around Venice, Italy. When he’s compelled to save a human that falls from a transport, his life is forever changed, because the human he saves, Teagan Moss, is his mate, the first human to ever mate a Dagonite.
    Teagan Moss is the kind of woman to shoot first and then question the body later. When she wakes with a Hydro bomb strapped to her body, she knows someone is going to pay for trying to kill her, and that she is going to need the help of a sexy exotic Dagonite to find out who exactly needs that bullet in their brain. What she doesn’t count on, is the scorching attraction she feels for the male who is so certain she is his.
    Thrust into solving the mystery surrounding the attempt on his mate’s life, Ari and Teagan uncover more than the answers they are looking for, and the truths they unearth could send the world into another war.
My thoughts: In case you were wondering, Ari is an octopus shifter. Pretty unique. I would have preferred the characters be a little more in depth, but otherwise it was an entertaining read. My paper copy was messed up format-wise (which the author is trying to get fixed), making it difficult to read at times, but it wasn’t available via Nook (you probably won’t have this problem if you read it on a Kindle), or I would have gotten a copy that way. If you like fated romance books and are curious about octopus shifters, give this one a try.

Now that I’m pretty much back to normal, I’ve been able to watch Doctor Who again. I’m in the middle of Season 2 reboot (w/David Tennant). Gotta say, I’m enjoying it even more on the big TV.

So… Are you getting hints of spring where you are? My grass is trying very hard to be green again.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Mosquitoes are evil.
We are about to experience a thirty degree jump today from yesterday. Thirty degrees! This weather is so messed up.

Maria Zannini said...

We're watching Dr Who too. We just finished Blink. One of my favorites.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Today it's supposed to get up to 60. If it's sunny, too, I may take a walk outside.

Maria - I don't know what Blink is. I've got a LOT of Doctor Who to watch, though. :D

LD Masterson said...

I have one brave daffodil blooming and I saw a finch yesterday who was starting to spout his summer colors so there's hope.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda - I can see us going from cold to hot and skipping spring altogether. Boo!