Thursday, April 6, 2023

Reading Update and Packing

I’m the kind of person who waits until the last minute to pack. That’s because I usually have to do laundry first and I do that the day before we leave. I like the clothes I usually wear, so I’d like them clean before packing. It has nothing to do with being a procrastinator. Honest.

I’ve never been one to pack early. What’s the point? I’ll end up needing something I packed, so it’s better that I just wait. Now, I do tend to write lists or pile stuff that I don’t use on a daily basis prior to packing. I don’t want to forget anything. I’ve done that before. One time it was socks. Another time, bras. Lists are invaluable.

We have a travel list that we use every time. We might not need everything on the list, but we always see something on there that we forgot to pack! Yep, lists are invaluable.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 13

Dates read: April 3-6, 2023
Title: A Deeper Fear
Year of publication: 2021
Author: Allison Brennan
Genre: Suspense
Series: Lucy Kincaid #17.5
# of Pages: 139
Paper or plastic: Nook book
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Goodreads: FBI Agent Lucy Kincaid’s husband, Sean Rogan, is in a dark place after being held captive. He won’t talk about it with anyone, not even Lucy. She’s hoping a conference in Sacramento, which includes family and the unveiling of a highly sought after drone Sean’s been working on, will help him heal.
      But the upcoming drone demonstration – and the fact that Sean didn’t come home last night – is the least of the couple’s worries. The night before the drone is set to debut to the world, the operator goes missing. Ellen Dupre is Sean’s friend. When she’s found, barely clinging to life, Sean is determined to find out what happened to her.
    Ellen Dupre saw something she wasn’t supposed to . . . and those behind the attack are willing to risk it all to keep their secrets.

My thoughts: Nice quick read in a series I really love. You definitely need to have read the series to enjoy this one, though.

Monday I saw my oncologist. My CT scan shows that my cancer is stable. Best news, because that was the goal. I like hitting my goals. He said that I’ll continue to do what I’m doing, and that includes taking our trips. I like that!!

I am all checked in for our flight. Our flight leaves at 7am tomorrow, so we’ll have to get up super early. I think I won’t relax until we get to Miami, though. Ship leaves on Saturday. And then it’s 24 days of cruising bliss. Whoo hoo!

So… do you make a list before you travel? Or do you have a permanent travel list?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Safe travels and enjoy three weeks of cruising.
Good news on the scan.
And we have a packing list as well. Otherwise we'd forget.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Yep, lists help me to REMEMBER!! :D