Sunday, April 16, 2023

Reading Update and Started #2

Arrived in Miami today. Ended cruise #1 and started cruise #2. The transition went pretty smoothly and a lot quicker than it did on the Horizon back in February. We really like the Carnival Spirit and if it weren’t for my treatment, we probably would have stayed on this ship for the first Alaskan cruise of the season. Oh well…

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 17

Dates read: April 14-15, 2023
Title: Were Me Out
Year of publication: 2017
Author: Robyn Peterman
Genre: Paranormal comedy
Series: Shift Happens #4
# of Pages: 125
Paper or plastic: Nook book
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Goodreads: Why do I have to have my tail in a knot for the one hot, sexy Werewolf who can’t seem to keep his Johnson in his pants?
    I’m a nice girl—really I am. I’m just a typical computer-hacking, knife-throwing, Star Trek-obsessed, overeducated Werewolf nerd who can’t seem to get her love life to compute. 

    However, it’s time to grow up and face the music or more accurately the man I’m in love with… Junior aka Jacob Wilson—the Alpha of the Georgia Pack. First I’ll have to stand up to some nasty gals whose pants are so tight I can see their religion. Then I'll claim my man.
    What should be an easy feat, gets sucktastic when you throw in a three hundred year old fabulous gay Vampyre, an antiquated motherboard from the 90’s and a challenge from the vicious, deadly Alabama Pack. Not to mention a libido that is out of control. Mine.
    So I’m just gonna dive in—head first and eyes closed. Love conquers all. Right? As long as reality doesn’t wear me out, I plan to win.

My thoughts: This one was cute. And short!  

Book 18

Dates read: April 15-16, 2023
Title: Were We Belong
Year of publication: 2019
Author: Robyn Peterman
Genre: Paranormal comedy
Series: Shift Happens #5
# of Pages: 168
Paper or plastic: Nook book
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Goodreads: I need a new freakin’ job.
    It’s not what you think. I’m desperate to resign from the Werewolf Treaty Federation
 aka WTF. Don’t judge. I didn’t name this crew of misfit Shifters so hear me out.
    After investigating a deadly Jazz Cabbage outbreak, I discover we need a necromancing Demon to help solve the crime. As luck would have it, my gay Vampyre BFF, Dwayne, dated one of these gems several decades ago. Seems all we need to do is summon his evil butt into this plane of existence and poof, crisis solved. The question is, can we bring him back without causing a flesh-eating, end of the world Zombie Apocalypse?
    With my hunky mate, insane Granny and flamboyant Dwayne by my side, we have no choice but to succeed. If we don’t, the reveal of our existence to the human world is imminent.
    We are Shifters. Werewolves. WTF. Shift Happens all the time. But this time, we’re making sure only good shift goes down.

My thoughts: This is the last one of the series. A good ending, too.  

I read these two books rather quickly, so didn’t think I needed to post daily. Plus, the internet has been kind of wonky. Of course, it usually is wonky on a cruise. Certainly isn’t fast, that’s for sure!

We had two sea days from Bonaire. We have two sea days to Santa Marta, Columbia. We’ve just been taking it easy on sea days. Reading. Napping. Oh, and playing Bingo.

I always lose at Bingo. Don’t know why I bother…

Happy Reading!

Stacy

3 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I used to play Bingo when my mom went. Those are good memories!

Love that the boat one to two went smoothly. Sounds like a wonderful time.

What's the best thing you ate so far?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy, I guess the best thing I've eaten so far is the lobster tail. I do love that (and usually order two!!).

The Happy Whisk said...

Hubby would LOVE that. Very cool that you can order two.