Friday, November 9, 2018

Aaack! It Snowed!

Woke up this morning and came into the sunroom—which wasn’t all that sunny—and thought at first it was foggy outside. There was this softness on the rooftops. Upon closer examination (without my coffee, even), I noticed my mistake. It wasn’t fog. There is snow on the rooftops!

It snowed last night! Aaack!

Okay, not a lot of snow, but still… snow. It’s cold enough to snow out there. I am not amused.

Frankly, I thought the snow was supposed to show up sometime tonight, mixed with rain. Which was why I was kind of glad Wayne wasn’t playing tonight. We’d be sitting in that mess.


Stayed up last night

I stayed up watching the Steelers dominate the Panthers last night. Okay, I didn’t stay up THAT late. The game went by pretty quickly. And there was lots of high-fiving. I like those kinds of games!


Please send good vibes

This morning I have the honor of being my daughter’s driver. She’s going in for some minor surgery to remove a lump from her breast that isn’t cancer, but her doctor thinks it could turn into it. Best to get rid of it now and Daughter agreed (I think our new family history had helped her make that decision). Appreciate any good vibes you can send her way.

So… Did you wake up to any surprises this morning?

Happy Friday!

Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Prayers everything goes well with your daughter today.
We have rain this morning. I'd much rather have snow.
And last night's game was awesome. I like seeing Cam Newton go down.

Maria Zannini said...

Best wishes for your daughter. I'm glad her doctor advised getting it out now.

Take care, Stacy, and hugs to your daughter.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Thank you. Yeah, it was kind of awesome to see Cam get sacked FIVE TIMES!

Maria - Thank you. I hate that it took our illnesses to finally get her to see a doctor, but glad it's happening!

JeffO said...

Solid frost on my windshield, need to remember to keep the ice scraper/snow brush handy from here on out. We've had a couple of dustings already, but nothing major yet. That first one of the year is always a rude awakening.

Hoping all goes well for your daughter today. Good vibes!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Thank you. It wouldn't have been a rude awakening if I'd been warned. I'm sure my daughter isn't pleased with the weather, either. She hates snow more than I do.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I'm just glad the snow was gone by the time I got up.

Prayers and good thoughts that all goes well for your daughter!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Thank you. She's home now resting. I don't know if it snowed down your area. But it's all gone now. Hope it stays away.