Monday, November 12, 2018

I'm Looking Forward to...

A colonoscopy
Okay, I’m NOT looking forward to this. I’m looking forward to it being OVER! Ten years ago I had my first colonoscopy and told to come back in ten years. My doctor told me not to be surprised if I’m told this time to come back in five years, because apparently ten years between them is too long? Grrr… Yeah, I know, better to get checked often than wait too long and find something.

What I’m really not looking forward to is the prep I have to go through today and tomorrow morning for tomorrow’s procedure. Monday is usually pizza/TV with Son, but I cancelled that since I can’t eat anything after 9am today until after the procedure. Ugh…

Tomorrow’s procedure is going to happen on base this year (last time I went someplace off base—not a hospital). Last time I wasn’t completely out and remember a lot of it. I’m hoping I’m totally out this time. I don’t want to remember it. I don’t want to feel it!!! Wish me luck!

A book signing
Yay! Something good to look forward to this week. I’ll be at the Boone County (KY) Public Library this Saturday for their Author Event (you can see more information here: https://www.bcpl.org/undiscovered/local-author-fair-just-in-time-for-holiday-shopping/ ). I’m apparently going to be on a panel discussing self-publishing, but that’s about all I know. Well, that, and I get a table to sell my books. I don’t usually sell at library events, but it was free for me and publicity is publicity. Right? And if I actually sell a book (or even get a newsletter subscriber), SCORE!

I pretty much have all my swag in one room, just have to pack it up to transport (I have pens and bookmarks now!!). And my books are all set to go. Don’t know if Hubby will accompany me. I hope he does, but I won’t nag him about it.

Although, maybe if I give him the sad eyes… J

A finished short story
That’s right! I’m highly confident I’ll finish my short story this week (might have finished it Friday except I was at the hospital with Daughter—who is doing well by the way). Next I need to figure out the blurb and what kind of cover I want for it. The sooner I get that all done, the sooner I can get back to my WIP. I miss those characters.

So… Are you looking forward to anything this week?

Happy Monday! 

Stacy

6 comments:

JeffO said...

Maybe if you tell hubby, "I just had a colonoscopy--I can't carry that box o' swag by myself!"

I'll hope for a painless procedure with no memory of it and no issues!

Glad your daughter is doing well.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - If I thought I could get away with that excuse... Haha!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I had my first colonoscopy in June. Luckily everything came out well and I was told I wouldn't need another for 10 years. The fasting wasn't as bad as I expected, and I was completely knocked out - can't imagine otherwise - EWWW! Hope yours goes as well.

Have fun at the author event!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - The fasting isn't tooooo bad. At least I can drink broth and sodas.

Maria Zannini said...

Good luck on the colonoscopy today.

I hope you treat yourself to your favorite food when it's all over. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Tuesday night is rib night at TGI Fridays (we have so many points on their rewards program that we've been splitting a full rack of ribs and getting it FREE!!!), so in a way I did have my favorite food. I'm just glad it's all over. Whew.