Monday, November 19, 2018

Having Fun, Football, and Saturday

The fun part
Someone asked me a long time ago which part of the writing process I enjoyed the most. I had said all parts. But you know what? That’s not true. At least, it’s not true anymore.

The part I enjoy the most is the revising part. Adding meat. Fixing the story. That’s where the fun is at. And I’m having loads of fun fixing my short story. But I wouldn’t have had anything to fix if I hadn’t written the stupid thing first. That’s the thing I have to keep reminding myself as I’m writing that first draft.

And I have to remind myself A LOT!

Football
Should I just be happy my teams (okay, most of my teams) won this weekend? USC didn’t win, but OSU did. Barely. But then, they didn’t really “win” that game. Maryland kind of handed it them.

Why do teams go for 2 when they can tie it at 1? Maryland got bit in the butt for that (not that I’m complaining) and so did the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

The Steelers also played like crap but managed to come out on top against the Jaguars. I told Hubby that Ben HAD to make that touchdown to make up for all those stupid interceptions.

Sometimes I think our favorite teams just like to torment us fans every now and then. They all do it, don’t they?

Tonight the Rams play against the Chiefs. They’re both at 9-1. I’m almost afraid to watch it, especially after what my teams did on Saturday and Sunday. We’ll see if I can stay awake for the whole thing, though. I want to go bed happy.

The book signing
The author event on Saturday didn’t turn out so bad. I sold a book! I might have sold two if the girl who said she’d left her purse in the car had returned after leaving (she said she wanted one of my books). I think I gave her a magnet, so hopefully she finds me on line and buys one that way.

I guess the library does this event annually, but I doubt I go back. Just not that many romance readers attended. But I’m always willing to try new places, especially when they only cost my time and fuel to drive there.

So… Did you know this calendar year (2018) is the same as 1979? Do you know how I know that? Because Hubby and I were married on Saturday, December 1st and this December 1st falls on a Saturday. And Thanksgiving came early that year, too. I had flown into Georgia (probably Atlanta) to meet up with soon-to-be Hubby and we drove down to Jacksonville for me to meet his parents. For Thanksgiving. Then we drove back to Arizona and spent the week preparing for our wedding. Ahhh… memories.

Happy Monday!

Stacy

6 comments:

JeffO said...

My favorite part of writing is whatever stage I'm in when you ask me. Or maybe it's whatever stage I'm NOT in at the time. It's like that.

So, would this be a bad time to bring up the Penguins?

I had a college roommate who wanted to save calendars because every so many years (can't remember what the number is), it's exactly the same. That was a little much for me.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I write all over my calendars, so there's no way I would ever REUSE them. Ugh. As for the Penguins... I don't know what's going on with them. But they've done this before and ended up in the playoffs, so I'm not too worried...yet. :)

Silver in AZ said...

I was yelling at my tv on both, BEFORE they blew the 2 pt. attempts, saying STUPID STUPID STUPID. But they didn't listen to me.

and I saved my weekend alcohol for tonight's game. LOL

Stacy McKitrick said...

Silver - If I drank alcohol during tonight's game, I'd never stay awake to watch it all! It probably won't end until after midnight as it is. :D

Maria Zannini said...

I remembered it was raining. But it cleared up the moment we left city hall. I called it a good omen. LOL!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Must have been. You're still together!!