Monday, November 5, 2018

It Worked, Baby Steps, and Football

It Worked… Sort of

My short story is starting to take off. In fact, I may get that sucker finished this week! I was going to write the ending, hoping to generate something, when an idea struck me at night. One of those “What if”/“Ah-ha” moments. Yay! So while I didn’t write the ending yet, just thinking about it helped me figure out what was going on in my story. I even wrote this weekend! And when I’m actually writing on the weekend, you know it’s going well. J



Baby Steps

Hubby and I are trying to get the garage set up so that we can get both cars inside. At the same time. Very important with winter closing in on us. But thinking about everything that needs to be done can be overwhelming, so we’ve been taking baby steps.

Last weekend we moved shelving and figured out how to hang the bikes and golf clubs. Bought the materials and let it sit. This weekend we actually got the bikes hung!! And we bought one larger trashcan to replace the others we have (and will dispose of…slowly). I like tackling a problem and getting it done one problem at a time. It makes it so much easier to accomplish.

A lot of our storage problems will go away once we build a shed in the backyard, but until we sell the old house, we aren’t going to spend that kind of money on the new house. People are still seeing the house, but so far no bites. L



Football

Friday night actually stayed dry and the wind was slight. Good thing, because the temps were in the 40s. If there was any kind of wind… Well, we would have been colder than we were. Unfortunately the night didn’t end well, and it wasn’t due to the weather. The Wayne Warriors lost to the Hilliard-Davidson Wildcats, 28-21. It’s nice that the score LOOKS respectable. And if Wayne didn’t kill themselves with all the penalties, they might have come out on top. But, it wasn’t meant to be. They should be a team to reckon with next year. Most of the players will return.

Saturday was a good day for my football teams! OSU beat Nebraska, WVU beat Texas, and USC beat Oregon.

And Sunday was a mixed bag. Steelers beat those nasty Ravens (yay!), but the Rams lost their first (and toughest) game (boo!).

So… Have you ever had a what if/ah-ha moment? Didn’t you just love it?

Happy Monday!

Stacy

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad the ending hit you.
One small project at a time is the way to go.
The Steelers had to beat the Ravens. Don't like those dirty birds. Sorry about the Rams but the Saints are really coming on strong now.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I'm not a fan of the Saints, but I have to admit, they played pretty good yesterday.

Maria Zannini said...

I didn't know you bicycled. I miss that but the knees can't take it anymore.

Hanging them up is the best way too.

Keeping my fingers crossed you sell soon.

JeffO said...

"Ah ha!" moments are fantastic. My favorite all time came when I was actually writing, and a sentence I never saw coming flowed out of my fingertips. I sat back in my chair and said, "Whoa."

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - It's been quite a while since I last bicycled, but I'd like to go out and do it again. The roads around here are better to bike on than in our old neighborhood, so I'm thinking it's more likely to happen again. My knees aren't so great, but I was told bicycling is good for them. We shall see.

Jeff - Ah ha moments are almost as good as finishing the book. Almost. :D

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Gotta love those a-ha moments - I could use some more of them myself. And yay for baby steps! They do get the job done.

Silver in AZ said...

I was sadly expecting that Rams loss. Their schedule in the coming weeks look brutal. I'm taking nothing for granted re playoffs. They HAVE to get the defense figured out!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - You'll get those a-ha moments back!

Silver - Yes, Rams definitely need to figure out that defense. I want them in the Super Bowl!!!