Friday, November 2, 2018

NaNo, Playoff Football, and Trick or Treaters

NaNoWriMo

No, I’m not doing NaNoWriMo (never have), but I went to a NaNo party/get together last night, hoping I could finish my short story. Didn’t have any luck in that department, but I did manage to get my words written (I set a goal of 500 words a day, but hope for more). Now if I can only figure out where this darn story is headed! Ugh. It’s so frustrating.

Maybe I should write the ending. I kind of have an idea about that. Think that might help me figure out the stuff in the middle? Hmmm… I’ll have to give that a try today. It certainly can’t hurt.

Are you doing NaNo? Do you enjoy it? I can’t imagine writing 50,000 words in a month. That just doesn’t sound like fun. But some of the parties can be helpful if you’re stuck on a project. Like I am. I really want this short story finished so I can go back to my WIP!! Someone kick my butt!


Football Tonight

Tonight we’re driving to Hilliard to watch Wayne play in the first round of playoffs. Hilliard-Davidson (apparently Hilliard has THREE Division I high schools!!) is the #1 seed. The last time we were the #8 seed, we made it to the finals (during my son’s senior year and daughter’s freshman year of high school). I’ll be shocked if we do it again. Heck, I was super shocked the first time! So anything is possible, I suppose.

I just hope it doesn’t rain. It rained constantly yesterday and the day before. Got a lot of soggy ground around here.


Trick or Treat

Would you believe the rain let up during the 6-8pm time slot the trick or treaters were out? We got quite a bit of kids around (although the neighbors said not as many as last year) and they were at it through 8pm (the few who came through our old neighborhood all came before 7pm). Hubby and I sat outside in the garage and handed out candy. It was fun seeing all the kids. I just wish they’d taken all the candy.

Or maybe I don’t wish that so much. Haha!

So… I’d ask if you have leftover candy, but I think you all said you didn’t have any trick or treaters. Ahhh, no temptations for any of you, right?

Happy Friday!

Stacy

4 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Whatever candy got left over back when we did live near trick or treaters went into the freezer. If we had a yen for chocolate, we'd pull a few pieces out.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I'll have to think about sticking them in the freezer. If we don't eat it all this weekend! Haha!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

We usually have a couple dozen trick-or-treaters, but this Weds., we had TWO. We already ate all our leftover candy, LOL! We figured if we're going to go off our diet, might as well get rid of it quickly and get back on the wagon. Luckily, my husband bought half as much candy as he usually does so it wasn't that much.

JeffO said...

My boss (I think; I was out sick yesterday and was alone in the office today) brought her leftover candy, so I've got temptation!

NaNo: when I'm in the groove, putting out the necessary 1667 words per day is easy. I considered the potential for jumping in this year, but I'm making a last pass through my WiP before I'll be ready to start something else, and by the time that's done (had hopes of being done by Sunday), I may need 3,300 words per day to "win"--and that's a very tall order.

Hope you stay dry!